Tamiya’s series of ultra-realistic 1/14 scale R/C trucks is a byword for fun, and offers a wide variety of different modelsand truck types. Now, it is to expand with another brand new type – the tow truck, which makes its living towing heavy duty vehicles such as tractor trucks. It promises a completely different element of enjoyment to predecessors in the series. The FH16 is marketed by Volvo, a renowned actor in the global commercial vehicle market. The FH Series includes a 750hp 16.1-liter turbocharged inline-6 engine FH16 Globetrotter 750 8x4 tow truck.
- This is a 1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 750mm, width: 195mm, height: 300mm.
- Features a detailed moulded plastic depiction of the cab, with photo-etched front grille and interior features.
- This model’s front axles feature the first twin steering system seen in the Tamiya 1/14 Truck series.
- The rear boom and under lift mechanism features plenty of metal components for excellent durability.
- Employ the new separately sold Actuator Set (Item 56553) to control them via R/C transmitter.
- Ladder frame has aluminium side channels and resin cross members.
- TR Mighty Tuned Motor - Power from the front motor is delivered to the two rear axles via propeller shaft. A built-in differential gear on each axle enables smooth cornering.
- Highly-realistic suspension utilizes metal leaf springs and friction dampers. The model enjoys easy drivingthanks to the float-mounted die-cast front and reinforced resin rear axles.
- Three-speed transmission allows shifting via transmitter (only one gear is usable when towing).
- Headlights and taillights can be lit up with separately sold LEDs, and the model is compatible with Item 56523 Tractor Truck Multi-Function Control Unit "Euro-Style" (MFC-03).
Compatible truck option parts:
56523, 56531, 56538, 56548, 56549, 56550, 56551, 56553
- Manufacturer: Tamiya
- Drive: 8x4
- Scale: 1/14